Health and Safety Policy Statement
Tynagh Energy is committed to operating to the highest standards of Health and Safety. We fully comply with the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act, 2005 and General Application Regulations, 2007. The safety of our staff, visitors and environment takes primary position in all of our operations. Tynagh Energy also fully endorse and support the Plant Operator’s (GE Energy) Environmental Health and Safety Policy Statement.
Within the Tynagh Power Station local policies are developed and procedures implemented by providing resources to effectively manage any potential risks. The performance of the Environmental Health and Safety management within the facility is reviewed at regular intervals with recommendations being fully implemented.
It is our full intention to ensure that incidents and accidents are prevented and the Environmental Health, Safety and Welfare of all Employees, Contractors, Visitors are protected.
We at Tynagh Energy are actively committed to continuously improving the standards of Health, Safety and Welfare at Tynagh. We will:
- Ensure that all employees co-operate with the Environmental, Health and Safety function, observe Environmental Health and Safety rules and take all reasonable steps to guard their own and all others Health Safety and Welfare.
- Promote a proactive culture in Environmental Health and Safety amongst staff and seek full participation in all Health & Safety programs.
- Use the GE Operating and Maintenance Services as guidance towards best practice and adopt it’s culture by implementing a site specific policy and management system.
- Meet all relevant legislative, regulatory and corporate requirements in Environmental Health and Safety and aim to better them.
- Ensure that line managers have the prime responsibility for Environmental Health and Safety and that they demonstrate this obligation through their actions.
- Encourage joint consultation with all employees and pursue a proactive communications strategy.
- Ensure Environmental Health and Safety will be the prime consideration in the purchasing, modification, operation, repair and maintenance, decommissioning and disposal of all equipment and Plant.
- Apply the principles of reduce, reuse and recycle in all processes.