- Location: Tynagh, Loughrea, Co. Galway
- Construction Commenced:March 2004
- Commercial Operation Date (COD): Following a sucessful construction the Tynagh Energy Power Plant reached COD on 29th March 2006.
- Project financing: Joint financing was arranged by Royal Bank of Scotland, KBC Bank, Ulster Bank and IIB Bank. Financial close was achieved on 27th August 2004.
- Project Refinancing: The refinancing followed GAMA’s sale of a 40% stake in Tynagh Energy to GE Energy Financial Services in May 2006. The same banks refinanced existing non-recourse debt for Tynagh Energy.
- Life-span of power plant: 30 years approximately
- Fuel Type: Natural gas, distillate oil (back-up)
- Fuel source: Gas supplies the gas using Gas Networks Ireland (GNI) ringmain pipeline to transport it to the Power Plant.