Tynagh Energy is a good neighbor to the local area of which they operate and is committed to the principles of sustainable development. Tynagh Energy will bring long term economic benefits to the local community in Tynagh and to the rest of Ireland.
Impact of the Tynagh Energy Power Plant on Local Economy
- 30 full time jobs.
- More than 100 contractors during regular planned outages.
- Employer of locals for both full and part time positions during the construction period.
- Purchases of goods and services from local businesses.
- €2M annually on local authority rates.
- Suporter of community initiatives, by donating to worthy projects undertaken by the Tynagh District & Development Society (TDDS), which promote enterprise and education.
- Improved infrastructure of the Tynagh area. Projects undertaken are listed in detail under Local Community.